Advancing Leadership. Inclusive. Connected. Impactful.
In today’s rapidly changing world, the challenges we face are increasingly complex and our communities are more interconnected than ever before. Leaders must be able to connect with partners across different sectors and leadership styles in order to create solutions that have lasting impact. Coro Pittsburgh is a growing network of over 1000 diverse leaders who are seeking to create lasting, positive impact in Pittsburgh and beyond. Along with our partner, Public Allies Pittsburgh, we provide cohort-based training, learning and networking opportunities to advance leadership that is inclusive, connected and impactful.
Coro advances your leadership by connecting you with master trainers, a wide network of experts in various urban policy issues, partner organizations from different sectors committed to social impact, and other diverse, passionate leaders.
When you join a Coro cohort, you will…
Understand the Challenges
Learn from a diversity of styles and perspectives about the challenges you will need to address to have an impact on the issues that matter to you.
- Explore tough interpretations
- Distinguish technical and adaptive work
- Understand the process challenges
- Test multiple interpretations and points-of-view
- Take the temperature
- Identify who needs to do the work
Build self awareness required to take risks, step outside your comfort zone and sustain yourself through the many challenges of leadership.
- Know your strengths, vulnerabilities and triggers
- Know the story others tell about you
- Choose among competing values
- Get used to uncertainty and conflict
- Experiment beyond your comfort zone
- Take care of yourself
Build relationships with all the stakeholders of the issue(s) you care about so that you can engage those with influence and those affected but less likely to have their voices heard.
- Engage unusual voices
- Work across different stakeholders
- Start where they are
- Speak to loss
- Inspire a collective purpose
- Create a trustworthy process
Make Progress on the Challenges
Experiment with different ways to engage all stakeholders and manage conflicts productively so that you can make progress on the challenges.
- Make conscious choices
- Raise the heat
- Give the work back
- Hold to purpose
- Speak from the heart
- Act experimentally