There have been a lot of exciting new changes here at Coro Pittsburgh including the addition of Hayley Lesh, our fall social media intern.
Keep reading to learn more about her and the work she’ll be doing this year.
- Tell us a little bit more about your role. As a communications intern, I assist Christian, the Manager of Engagement & Talent, with content creation for social media. I also analyze how posts perform on social media so we can better promote Coro!
- What brought you to Coro? I knew that I wanted an internship where I could utilize the communications skills I acquired through my college courses, but I was also seeking an opportunity to work with a nonprofit. When I saw the job posting for Coro Pittsburgh, I was excited to learn more about both communications and nonprofits!
- What makes Coro unique from past roles? In the past, I have only written for publications. I have never created content for social media. I like that my position at Coro Pittsburgh allows me to develop these skills while bettering the local community.
- What do you wish to accomplish over your first 90 days? During my first 90 days, I hope to familiarize myself with Coro Pittsburgh’s mission and its impact. I also hope to highlight the different programs through social media.
- How was the virtual transition to Coro? The transition to Coro has been great! Although I would love to meet everyone in person, I like working with the staff and program participants. They have so many interesting ideas and experiences to share.
- What has been your favorite moment so far? During Public Allies training, I really enjoyed meeting the program participants. It was exciting to learn what brought them to Public Allies.
- What is your personal mission statement or quote/mantra that inspires you? How does that guide your work here at Coro? My mantra is “let it be.” I think that work can be stressful at times, but it’s okay to make mistakes. If anything, mistakes allow for improvement.
- When you aren’t on Zoom meetings, or sending emails, how do you spend your free time? I love to travel! Hawaii is the next stop on my bucket list.
- Best Pittsburgh restaurant, landmark, and activity? I think the Strip District in general is a really cool area in Pittsburgh. There is always great food and shopping. It is also the location of the original Primanti Bros!
- Favorite quarantine snack and show? Strawberries with Nutella is my go-to snack. Recently, I started watching New Girl on Netflix, but I also love watching Parks and Rec.
Want to learn more about our other hires? Read their articles below!