Leading Beyond Division (LBD)
In An Age Of Division,
Multiply Your Leadership
Application Deadline: April 7th
Program Start: April 19th
We live in an age of heightened division. Different views, aims, and actions are essential to democracy. But division that undermines public dialogue and demonizes others threatens society. We need leaders who strive for an inclusive, thriving democracy. Join a new cohort, a new program designed for our time–Leading Beyond Division.
Leading Beyond Division (LBD) is a 3-month program that brings together Coro Alumni dedicated to finding common ground and collaborating across differences. LBD combines top tools from different Coro programs to help you make your greatest impact yet.
Apply to be one of 10 Leading Beyond Division Fellows
- Build upon the skills gained in your first Coro program
- Gain traction on your latest ideas and current efforts
- Join your Coro peers in creating a more connected society
Advance Your Leadership Through:
- Weekly Interactive Workshops: Participate in virtual sessions by our team of Coro trainers and local experts.
- Project Assistance: Dedicated time for you to develop, scale, pivot, and get feedback on a project in which you are engaged
- Peer Consulting: Get help in identifying problems, making adjustments, and finding solutions to your most pressing leadership challenges.
- Collaboration with other Coro Alumni: Develop powerful connections with your Coro Peers. Feel supported as you continue to lead across Southwestern PA.
Here’s What You Will Learn
- Identify common ground and manage contested ground
- Analyze challenges within a systems framework
- Discover a wide array of opportunities for action
- Sharpen your mental models for being courageous and leading change
We Will Dive Deep Into:
- Inclusive Democracy
- Asset-Based Community Development
- Adaptive Leadership
- Creating Strategic Frameworks
- Systemic Intervention
- Assumptions & Mental Models
- Interpersonal Leadership Styles
- Building Consensus
- The Power of Language
- Facilitating Tough Conversations
Meet Your Trainers
- Christian Moore, Manager of Engagement & Talent, Coro Pittsburgh
- Britnai Nunley, Manager of Participant Performance
- Selena Schmidt, Executive Director
- Michael Sider-Rose, Senior Director of Training and Programs
- Naomi Tannenbaum, Vice President
*Special guest trainers to be announced*
Leading Beyond Division will run from April 19th to June 28th.
Sessions take place on Mondays (4pm-7pm) & select Saturdays (10am-3pm). Full list of dates can be found below.
- April 19, 26
- May 3, 8 (Sat), 10, 17, 24,
- June 5 (Sat), 7, 14, 21, 26 (Sat), 28
What You’ll Need To Apply
- Update Us On You: Name, contact info, what you’ve been up to since Coro.
- Share a Project Idea: What are you working on that helps to lead beyond division? Who will it help? How will it help them?
- Tell Us Your Why: What are you hoping to get out of Leading Beyond Division
Ready to get started: Start your application at https://forms.gle/fd9w12aEyrc9YMH86. Entries are due at 11:59pm on April 19th
What We’re Looking For In A Fellow
- Must be an alum of any Coro program, at any Coro Center
- Living or working in Southwestern PA
- An idea or project you are working on or would like to work on
- Mid-career professionals
- Alumni from all sectors, professions, and backgrounds
Those that are too often overlooked and underrepresented in fellowship programs are especially encouraged to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost? Tuition is $950 and can be submitted through Paypal.
Time commitment? 10 Monday sessions, 4-7pm. Three Saturday sessions, 10am-3pm. Refer to the “What You’ll Learn” section for more information on specific dates and topics.
Is this a remote program? Yes, Leading Beyond Division is 100% virtual.
I’m an alum of a program Coro no longer offers. Am I still eligible? Yes. Any alum of a current or past Coro program is welcome to apply.
I’m not fully sure about my idea, should I still apply? Absolutely. Throughout the program we will help you develop your idea and create a game plan for bringing it to action.